LSQ & ASL SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
• Some experience preferred;
• Excellent command of French or English as well as LSQ/ASL languages;
• Several freelance positions available.
LIVE CAPTIONING EDITOR, ENGLISH & FRENCH
Description of Responsibilities:
• Listen, repeat and verbally rephrase live information heard to produce captions for live programs, conferences, events;
• Correct spelling and grammatical errors when producing subtitles.
• Experience in live captioning an asset;
• Excellent command of French, or English, both oral and written;
• Sharp mind;
• Good resistance to stress;
• Excellent diction and delivery;
• Experience in off-line captioning an asset;
• Knowledge of Dragon, Ernst and Oresme software an asset
• Experience in live captioning an asset.
SENIOR OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
SETTE is looking for a Senior Operations Technician for its digital broadcasting and distribution services.
SETTE, always on the cutting edge of technology, has been working in the media and telecommunications industry for 43 years.
What does a typical day look like?
• Ensure that everything is ready for the launch of several TV channels that we distribute to major players in the telecommunications industry;
• Follow up on the production of documents necessary for the proper functioning of the video upon request from our various clients;
• Support colleagues in various tasks, including training other technicians;
• Interact with customers to ensure their satisfaction;
• Work closely with other departments of the company offering diversified services of post-production, subtitling, videodescription and digital distribution.
What are the skills and qualities required for this position?
• College diploma in a field related to :
– Electronics Technology – Audiovisual or Media Art and Technology.
• 3 to 5 years of related experience or equivalent;
• Excellent command of French and English, oral and written;
• Resourcefulness, team spirit and initiative;
• Other knowledge:
– Digital signal, video, audio and metadata.
– Audiovisual equipment used in the industry.
– Computer skills – Microsoft Office.
Sette offers you:
• Full-time employment (35 hours). The nature of the position requires attendance at the work site. Working from home is not possible.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• Group insurance after the probation period.
• Group RRSP after the probation period, a percentage of which is paid by the employer.
• A friendly and stimulating work environment.
• Opportunity to develop knowledge on a variety of related tasks
If you are looking for new challenges, and want to work in a growing company that cares about the well-being of its employees, this position is for you!